www.compareindia.com and its affiliates ("CompareIndia," "we," "us," or "our") provides digital content, software applications, technology services and hosted websites for third parties.
What is "Personal Information" and how it is used "Personal Information"?
mation includes, but is not limited to, first and last name, credit card and debit card details, physical address, e-mail address, phone number, birth date, and any other information that itself identifies or when tied to the above information, may identify you as a specific individual. When you register or become a member of www.compareindia.com or provide information to www.compareindia.com in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information. We also supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. CompareIndia will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including computer-identification information obtained from “cookies,” sent to your browser from:
- web server cookie stored on your hard drive
- an IP address, assigned to the computer which you use
- the domain server through which you access our service
- the type of computer you’re using
- the type of web browser you’re using
- We may also collect the following information
- about the pages you visit/access
- the links you click on our site
- the number of times you access the page
- If you subscribe with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
You can terminate your account at any time. However, your information may remain stored in archive on our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
This website does not collect personally identifiable information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. CompareIndia and its service partners use your personally identifiable information to operate the sites and services and to send you newsletters, inform you of new features, services, and products from CompareIndia and its affiliates.
CompareIndia may also carefully select other companies to send you information about their products or services which are related to the site's service but are not necessary to its operation (an "Extended Service"). If CompareIndia intends to use personally identifiable information for an Extended Service, CompareIndia will provide you with the ability and requisite instructions to decline this service. You may also stop the delivery of informational or promotional mail from CompareIndia by following the instructions on the mail.
CompareIndia may disclose personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the site or its owners; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the site-owners, the site or the users of firstpost.com, and (iii) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of firstpost.com, the site, its owners, or the public.
Do I need to provide Personal Information to CompareIndia in order to use CompareIndia Services?
While CompareIndia is a free website and while you can browse most sections of our website without being a registered member, certain activities may require registration. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit most of the www.compareindia.com website, but you may be unable to access certain options and services.
We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with us.
We may use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
How does CompareIndia protect my Personal Information?
How does CompareIndia use information?
- Support the internal operations of the CompareIndia Services, including but not limited to support for:
- activities necessary to maintain or analyze CompareIndia Services,
- network communications,
- user authentication or personalization of content, and
- ecurity of users
- Sync bookmarks and most recent point viewed/played across devices;
- Send you alerts about titles you may be interested in and information about new features of Our service;
- Notify you of opportunities to provide feedback for CompareIndia’s products and services;
- Personalize our services to better reflect particular interests and preferences and for remarketing; and
- Generally improve your experience.
- You may choose whether you receive emails from CompareIndia or not. If you opt-in to emails from CompareIndia, CompareIndia will only use your email address for specified uses. CompareIndia will not send you any communications without your consent.
- CompareIndia may also use and share non-personally identifiable information, such as general demographic or location information, or information about the computer or device from which you access your CompareIndia account.
- Further, we may use Personal Information for actions as may be required under or pursuant to any order or direction of any court or government agency.
What if I share my information with others while using my CompareIndia account?
CompareIndia has many features (including but not limited to chat rooms, forums, instant messenger and message boards and other services available to you) that provide for users/members to disclose their identities and communicate with other users/members. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when disclosing your personal information to anyone. Your use of such features and disclosure of any personal details (e.g. e-mail address) by you through these features are at your sole risk and CompareIndia accepts no responsibility for the same. If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. However, if your privacy has been intruded as a result of participating in such features, you could notify us by e-mail at email@example.com
How can I change my preferences or close my CompareIndia account?
You can easily change your preferences to receive emails and updates from CompareIndia by signing into your CompareIndia account. Once in, you can change your password, email address, close your CompareIndia account, and set and manage preferences, and associate devices with your CompareIndia account. If you wish to stop receiving emails and updates from CompareIndia, please update your preferences when signed into your CompareIndia account. For questions or assistance regarding changing your preferences, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when I visit an external website not related to CompareIndia Services?
CompareIndia contains links to other third party websites. CompareIndia is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. If you click these links, you will leave CompareIndia and enter website that may have different privacy policies than CompareIndia. CompareIndia is not responsible for the information handling practices of these other websites. These linked websites have separate and independent privacy policies and terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read carefully.
Is my information transmitted to other countries?
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by using CompareIndia Services, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information outside your country of residence to any country where we have facilities or engage third parties (including but not limited to, payment processors, cloud service or other Information Technology providers, and other companies that provide services to us). You understand that the countries to which we may transfer information may not have as comprehensive a level of data protection as in your country.
- We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the same being uploaded by us onto the Website.
If at any time you believe that CompareIndia or its users/members have not adhered to these principles, please notify CompareIndia by e-mail at email@example.com and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to determine and correct the problem.
CompareIndia, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and any services, included on or otherwise made available to you through CompareIndia are gathered from a variety of sources and are intended solely as general information and provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. Any specific advice or replies to queries in any part of CompareIndia is/are the personal opinion of such experts/consultants/persons and does not constitute or indicate our endorsement, representation or warranty of such information and are not subscribed to by CompareIndia. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, we do not warrant that:
- CompareIndia will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on CompareIndia is complete, legal, true, accurate or non-misleading.